We all know that exercise is important for maintaining a healthy weight or getting your body into shape, but not everyone knows that there are other, little known benefits of it. Here are five:
1. To let off steam after a bad day: One of my favorite times to go to the gym is when I have had a bad or stressful day. I always say "The treadmill will never complain when you take your bad day out on it!" 'Nuff said!
2. Increased energy: Yes, I said "increased energy"! Try running the stairs at your office instead of taking the elevator. You will be out of energy when you first start out, but over time, you will find that it's no problem running them anymore. The same applies at the gym. Yes, you will be worn out and sore, but eventually, you will have more energy...even after a tough workout!
3. Healthy Skin: By increasing blood flow, exercise helps nourish skin cells and keep them vital. "Blood carries oxygen and nutrients to working cells throughout the body, including the skin," says Ellen Marmur, MD, author of Simple Skin Beauty: Every Woman's Guide to a Lifetime of Healthy, Gorgeous Skin and associate professor of dermatology at Mount Sinai School of Medicine. To read the article where I got this information on exercise and skin care, click here.
4. Helps keep families together: Any time you spend time with your family, you will become closer. We all read about having family dinners together, but it doesn't have to stop there. Go to the park and play tag with your kids. Go to the gym and have a race on the treadmill with your spouse. You'll have fun and get your exercise in too!
5. Improved sexual function and better sex life: First of all, since exercise is proven to help you lose weight and get a toned figure, it is obvious that it will change the way you feel about yourself! You will have increased confidence and be less worried about your body! You will also see impovements in your endurance and heart function, which all will enhance sexual functioning.
So there you have it! 5 additional reasons to exercise! What are you waiting for?